It’s coming — the rummage sale is coming
Can you believe the RUMMAGE SALE is only about five weeks away?!!! The Rummage Sale dates were changed from May to September to coincide with Birchwood’s City-Wide Rummage Sale.
- This sale is put on by the Women of Trinity, and is the major fund raiser for our annual charitable donations, including improvements to our church and church kitchen.
- This date coincides with the annual Birchwood City-Wide Rummage Sale on Sept. 8
- Hours for the sale: Friday, Sept. 7 – 8 am – 4 pm; Saturday, Sept. 8 – 8 am – 3 pm
- Dollar bag sale, Saturday, Sept 8, 2 – 3 pm
- Drop-off days for your precious “stuff”: Sept. 2, after church, or Sept. 4, 5, & 6, 9 am – 4 pm
- Items that sell well: clean clothes and linens; small working appliances, games, puzzles, (especially) baby and children’s clothing, garden perennials and indoor plants, dishes, lamps, books, knick-knacks, craft items, sporting equipment, small tools, and ??? (your decision).
- Please DO NOT bring: televisions, large appliances, computers, printers, magazines and very large items.
- A sign-up list for helpers will be posted in the narthex, on a stand, starting Sunday, August 12. MANY volunteers are needed and jobs include:
- September 4,5, & 6, 9 am – 4 pm, sort and display donations on tables
- Be in charge of the perennials and house plants
- Set up the tool and sports section
- Cashiers for sale (3 – 4 hour shifts)
- Bake bars and/or cookies for sale
- Make the BBQ’s and buy food supplies
- Box up, clean-up, Saturday, after 4 pm
- Take what didn’t sell to donation center in Rice Lake
PLEASE NOTE: As is the tradition, any unclaimed, unmarked items in the kitchen or containers or dishes that were left on the table in front of the Fellowship Hall, should pick them up, or they become sacrificial offerings for the rummage sale.
Chairpersons for this sale are Cindy Rubin and Dianne Buxton. Thanks, Ladies!